1. Sadly, Amor will be closing it's doors [click for announcement] come August 1st. Registration is now locked and members have the summer to save all of their valuable content and find new homes. Ç◇Ç We wish you good travels!
    Dismiss Notice

BULLETIN Alas Amor, We Must Close Our Doors

Discussion in 'Proclamations' started by Divinatas, Mar 1, 2018.

1. *gets trampled by a murder of 11 year olds with boners heading for that site*

• AHAHAHA! AHAHAHA! x 2
  2. Glad to hear they listen to their users and really consider their grievances! While I do like the security age verification gives, I agree that requiring a skype call goes a little too far in terms of privacy and time efficiency.

3. They still have that security, as all unverified users are conspicuously marked as such.

4. Oof. There's no place I know of with rules as light as these other than F-list, so this is going to be tough.

5. Iwaku rules are pretty light. I believe the only rules there are in place so that the site is legal.

- Adult players and teen players cannot write smut together.
    - Characters involved in sexual scenes must be developmentally equivalent to 13 years old for a human or older.
    - Sexual scenes involving necrophilia are no.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/resources/not-safe-for-work-content-policies.40/

I've written some really fucked up stuff there, and been able to talk about it openly (in the appropriate places, like the NSFW channel in the discord) without fear. =D

• I Love This I Love This x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Rainbows Rainbows x 1
  6. ... You're right, looked at Iwaku and it's not the way I remembered. Change over time or false memory? Huh. Anyway, thank you. :grin:

• I Love This I Love This x 1
  7. Elliquiy.com is a wonderful roleplay site. They have an approval process, which really just requires two or three days of mature interaction with the staff and other players. I've been a member there for eight years.

8. Thank you! For being honest with yourself, and us <3 I wish you luck, and thank you for this site, as long as it lasted! I'm sad to see it go, but I understand.

9. Diana, thank you.

Once again thank you for being a nice host to whoever hangs out here, although I don't check in often AND am pretty late for the party.
    This community, although changed, different people, new look, whatever it is, it meant a lot to me.
    In a time I was down and looking for an escape, I found this place where I felt at home, a place where I felt comfortable and connected.
    I clinged on it for a long time and sometimes comeback for nostalgic reasons.

It's time to move on, although I still have you as a connection somewhere else.

Thanks for the good times and being a great hostess.
    Cheers and good luck with your journey towards the unknown!

10. I tried to get in, but they denied me! BS!

11. Who?

12. What nick did you use?

13. WELL SHIT!! I DISAPPEAR FOR A BIT AND NOW THIS PLACE IS CLOSING DOWN RIGHT AS I COME BACK!!!!

in all seriousness I am saddened by the news but having learned how being an adult can change things i appreciate the notice and hope that everyone here has had a good time. Literally i only have like two posts here....

I regret not coming back sooner but it is too late to change anything. To the (very few) people that know me from here and Iwaku, it has been a privilege and an honor knowing you all. I wish everyone the best of luck in their future endeavors. I will try to be active on the discord and i am still somewhat active on Iwaku if anyone I know is still there as well.

I want to thank @Divinatas and @Asmodeus personally for making me into the adult i am today. Diana for being...well an owlmom and being nice and supportive to a rp newbie when i first joined iwaku. Asmo for being the person that tells you the hard truth and teaching me to accept that not everyone is going to agree or get along, but to keep writing if i wanted to get better.

Shit now imma cry, my thursday was not supposed to end like this.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has put up with me and may you all have a great day.

P.S.
    if anyone knows where i hid my stash of oreos you can have them since i forgot where they are.

• Rainbows Rainbows x 1