1. Sadly, Amor will be closing it's doors [click for announcement] come August 1st. Registration is now locked and members have the summer to save all of their valuable content and find new homes. Ç◇Ç We wish you good travels!
    Dismiss Notice

DISCUSSION Here’s to AMOR.

Discussion in 'Gabbing' started by Lunaronyx, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Hello all. So after shedding some tears, I know I want to write something here to commentate how god damn amazing this site and especially all it’s users are. So let us begin.

When I first joined AMOR last April, I never thought I’d find what I did. What I found was the friendliest and nicest group of individuals I have ever seen on the internet. I was a writing plebeian back then, barely able to manage a decent paragraph and just a little bit of casual rping on other sites that people were simply less serious about. You all were patient with me, friendly to me, and I did improve my writing skills immensely just writing with you wonderful batch of people. This site has harbored some of my greatest writings, if not all of them, and I feel honored to have been able to share them with you. You all are great writers and then most creative people on the internet. However, while this is a positive, this isn’t what the main point of the thread is.

No. The point is you guys. What happened beyond the writing.

You all are amazing people. Friendly, respectful, I simply haven’t seen anything like it on a public forum website, much less rp. I saw zero to very very little drama on this site, all I saw was respect and positive vibes. I saw understanding. Patience. I saw what role play should be. After my long odyssey of trying to find a good place to write, I found it with you guys. When my schedule is absolute chaos, when I just have insane life to deal with you all just smile and tell me to take my time. Maybe this won’t mean as much to everyone, but when I was used to people bickering like toddlers and sending pokes every 2 hours. Here was understanding.

I found this place and it was like a second home. I absolutely adore everyone here through thick and thin. Again, I’m repeating myself, but you all are the best and most creative damn group of writers on the internet, period. And, while this may be the end of this site itself, this isn’t the end of our writing. I hope I can continue writing with as many of you as I possibly can and that you all have nothing but utmost success in both writing and life, you all deserve nothing but the best in life. You’re fantastic people. Message me if you’d like to stay in touch and keep writing, etc. after the site. I’d love to keep as many of you with me as possible.

I’m not going to say anything cheesy like ‘this is just the beginning’ or any of those cliches. What I AM going to say is that this has probably been the best year or so of role playing I’ve had in a long career, and you are some of the best people I’ve ever met.

So I propose an internet toast.

To all the staff and the owner, for all of their hard work on maintaining this site with their hard earned money and their precious time. You all are absolute angels, and I thank you so much for all the time and resources spent into make this haven for others. Thank you.

To the stories, from the pointless smut to the adventure epics written here. More repetition, but it’s some of the best stuff I’ve ever seen. All of you should be best selling authors. Thank you for writing with me and with each other. Thank you for bringing such brilliance into the world.

Mostly, a toast to everyone here. All of you brilliant, sweet, amazing individuals who made the past year fantastic. I love each and every one of you as a writing sister/brother and hope every single one of you the best. For what you’ve done for me and other new members when new, for the kindness and understanding you’ve shown. You are the best of the best. I adore you all.

Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between. A toast to AMOR, the best roleplay website on the internet.

• I Love This I Love This x 7
    • Rainbows Rainbows x 4
    • I Like This I Like This x 1
  2. A toast to Amor!

• I Love This I Love This x 4
    • I Like This I Like This x 2
  3. AMOR will always hold a very special place in my heart. I hope I can find something similar in the future. <3

• I Love This I Love This x 3
  4. There is, its on my status.

5. Cheers!!!! Well said Luna!

• I Like This I Like This x 3
  6. A TOAST! Beautifully said.

• I Like This I Like This x 4
    • I Love This I Love This x 1
  8. Cheers.

9. Cheers!

AMOR was a place I came to cherish and look forward to logging into once I'd gotten to know the people here. After putting roleplaying aside for years and worrying that I wouldn't have it in me to write with a partner again, the community of AMOR showed me I could and I am excited to see those connections and stories evolve and grow.

Thank you AMOR, for giving me a home and a community in a time when I really needed both of those.

10. Baxt hai sastimos tiri patragi

Which translates to
    Wish luck and good health

Or something like that

[​IMG]
    This site has been a great place to write my filth, meet friends who'd later get mad at me for drunk posting or forgetting and people who stuck no matter what. A great community, and to our wonderful Owlmother:

You did good! Thank you for everything, you gave us a fantastic run and place! ​

• I Love This I Love This x 2
  11. [​IMG]

Cheers to all ya friggin' buttlovers.

I don't think I've ever found a site with a better mix of active/quality writers and partners. So here's to you. I hope we all find solace in our searches. Happy travels y'all, and I hope to see some familiar faces soon! If anyone wants suggestions/recommendations for destinations, shoot me a PM. This community is awesome and should do what it can to stick together. Bring our awesome-sauce to other places. :D

12. I am a buttlover, this is true!

13. [​IMG]

• I Love This I Love This x 2
  14. [​IMG]

15. -holds up coffee mug- Ç◇Ç

Dearest Amor,

I wish I took the chance to create you YEARS ago back when I still had all my fire and passion. I had a dream of a roleplay site for adults to write about all the butts they want without all that weird sex dungeon feelings and creepers. And we did it. What a beautiful and lovely community! Seeing all of the people who finally found that safe, warm place gives me all of the floofy feathers and beaming of pride. Amor did good.

Here is to all of the children of Amor who are going to leave here to create a new generation of roleplay communities! I can't wait to see what beautiful places you make, and I hope that the rest of the roleplay world follows you and the new standards you set!

• I Love This I Love This x 4
  16. This site is the absolute gemstone among other RP-sites. I'm so happy I found this place and decided to give my inner butt-lover a chance to shine.

The people here are amazing and never before have I been in a place where the staff was ALWAYS wonderful. I will miss this site a lot, but I'm also excited for what the future brings. :) Especially because I know I will not be losing touch with the wonderful friends I've gained here.

Thank you everyone for all the good writing and fun chats we've had. Also, thank you to all the people with the amazing threads I've been stalking shamelessly!

[​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

Cheers, Indeed my Friends and fellow Users Of this Lovely Site. I wish The Best of Luck you too all and A Beautiful Life.

18. COMING THROUGH, DON'T MIND ME.

[​IMG]

• AHAHAHA! AHAHAHA! x 1
    • You're Being an Anus You're Being an Anus x 1
  19. I'm going to wait out for Moonwings 6: The Revengening. YOU CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM BEING AN OWL MOM FOREVER DIANA. THE URGE TO MOM WILL BE TOO STRONG!

20. She's kicking all her deadbeat kids out the house and she's off to Vegas, babeeeey.

• Rainbows Rainbows x 2