1. Sadly, Amor will be closing it's doors [click for announcement] come August 1st. Registration is now locked and members have the summer to save all of their valuable content and find new homes. Ç◇Ç We wish you good travels!
    Dismiss Notice

ARRIVAL I Speak Shyriiwook

Discussion in 'Orientation' started by ChewyMartinez, Feb 25, 2018.

1. *Makes Chewbacca sounds* Hello there. Haha. Forgive my immaturity. The "Chewy" part of my username is actually a homage to Chewbacca.

So hello, everyone. Call me Chewy. I'm 27 years old and I'm a bit of a vet in the roleplaying games. I've been roleplaying since 2000 and it all started thanks to Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Charmed. xD Those were the days when roleplaying was far different than what it is today. Not that I mind honestly.

Anyways, I am a newly wed (Five whole whopping months in March) and my husband and I both have full time jobs so I apologize if I don't appear online for days at a time. I generally am able to be on at least once a day for no less than an hour unless something comes up, work gets busy or I'm simply just too busy and/or tired from my daily life.

So that's a little bit about me personally. Let's move onto the good stuff, shall we?

So I've been roleplaying a long time. When I first started, I didn't know it was "roleplaying". I was 10 and my friends and I would write fanfiction together and that turned into writing things just between us and then I learned about the real "roleplaying" thing and I got hooked. I enjoy writing with others far more than I enjoy writing stories of my own. Granted when I write stories alone... I can do whatever the hell I want. BUT... roleplaying is just more enjoyable in my opinion. It's almost like getting lost in another person and forgetting about reality for a moment. It's a little poetic. :)

I'm actually coming back from a long two years hiatus. Unfortunately life is very unkind and between personal things and lack of internet, I have been away from the roleplaying world. When I finally came back to the world of the internet, I found this link on my bookmarks. I believe I googled roleplaying forums or something and so I figured what better way to get back into it than joining a community?

Anyways... I apologize for boring the piss out of everyone. hah! Anyways, I really hope to get to know everyone and I really can't wait to get back to writing again. It's honestly one of two passions in my life and I always feel more complete when I write so.... yeah.

• I Like This I Like This x 3
  2. Hey, Chewy! Welcome to AMOR! It sounds like you have a great deal of roleplaying experience as well as a positive attitude toward writing. I hope you find plenty of partners who share similar interests with you. c:

• I Like This I Like This x 2
  3. Welcome, Chewy!

Love the Star Wars reference. Congratulations on your nuptials! I hope you connect with some awesome partners here.

Happy writing!

• I Like This I Like This x 2
  4. Welcome! Great intro! *pets the kitty*

• I Like This I Like This x 1