1. Sadly, Amor will be closing it's doors [click for announcement] come August 1st. Registration is now locked and members have the summer to save all of their valuable content and find new homes. Ç◇Ç We wish you good travels!
    Dismiss Notice

RESOURCE CHARACTERS Manly Asian Faceclaims (Image Dump Warning)

Discussion in 'Inspiration' started by Astaroth, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Not everyone uses faceclaims (celebrity photos to be used as character references), but for those who do, it can sometimes be difficult to find good ones for male characters and especially for non-white characters. With Asian dudes in particular, people are most familiar with the somewhat androgynous and youthful cadre of J-pop and K-pop singers whose images float around the anime scene. If your character isn't a pretty boyband member you might be struggling. (Not that there's anything wrong with feminine men!)

This thread is for sharing your MANLY Asian faceclaims! Anyone can post, but I'll be kicking us off with some of my favorites, in no particular order.

Aaron Kwok

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Takeshi Kaneshiro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arjun Rampal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shun Oguri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

David Lee McInnis

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sam Milby

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Godfrey Gao

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Naveen Andrews

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hiroshi Abe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Masaharu Fukuyama

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hrithik Roshan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Byung-Hun Lee

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ian Anthony Dale

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Koshi Inaba

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B.D. Wong

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Telly Leung

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pakorn Chatborirak

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Johnny Tri Nguyen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the way, two of these guys are gay. #stereotypecombobreaker

• I Love This I Love This x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I love this thread already 8D

Takahiro Moriuchi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• I Love This I Love This x 1
  3. Here are some I've used and/or noticed

Randall Park
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ki Hong Lee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mark Fischbach (Markiplier)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ken Watanabe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• I Like This I Like This x 3
    • I Love This I Love This x 2
  4. Here's some for you! I am a kdrama addict...

Choi Si Won (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lee Ki Woo (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lee Joon Ki (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cha Seung-won (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So Ji Sub (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ji Jin Hee (open)

[​IMG]

there are more. so, so many more... but maybe these ones will tide you over

#4 Ree, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • I Like This I Like This x 1
    • Rainbows Rainbows x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Rainbows Rainbows x 1
  5. //throws in mom's favourite Asian actors. She claims that she likes her men 'manly' whatever that may mean.

This one is a personal favourite as well, hue.
    Wang Kai (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hu Ge (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jin Dong (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nicholas Tse (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bolin Chen (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wallace Hou (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• I Love This I Love This x 2
  6. oh my ovaries this thread is a diamond in the rough

Takashi Tsukamoto

[​IMG]

7. How could I forget!

Eugene Lee Yang:

[​IMG]

8. How could I forget Gong Yu (Yoo)! His role in Coffee Prince was <3. As the Great and lonely Goblin <3 <3 Ending of Episode 4... OMG
    [​IMG]

9. Kris Sun. Unf (open)

[​IMG]

10. As a wrestling fan, let me join in here... Here's just a few, namely the more popular ones...

Shinsuke Nakamura

[​IMG]

Hiroshi Tanahashi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kazuchika Okada
    (maybe? He's not what I'd call manly but he's also not babyface boy band...)

[​IMG]

Hideo Itami

[​IMG]

Yujiro Takahashi

[​IMG]

11. How could I forget Akira Tozawa?

[​IMG]

12. Denial Southworth (does This count?)

[​IMG]

13. Two are gay? I bet I could turn them. ~_^

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. I see some people disagreed. X'D It was a silly. It was a joke. Hmmm ... *laughs,* I wonder what it would be like. To be one guy's mistake? An error in judgement? A poor decision?

Put THAT on "Family Guy!" Have some gay guy sleep with Meg and regret it. Or better yet, a High School guy sleeps with Meg, and it TURNS him gay!

Hey, I am bisexual, I can make jokes like that. >;=] I have Gay Privilege. XD

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. It's at best a poor joke, but people disagree with that because it's not cool to invalidate someone else's orientation no matter what your own is, especially if you're "turning" them which has some connotations to it.

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. But it was not even a hypothetical statement. It was not based in reality. That was what made it a joke. It had nothing to do with invalidation. Yes, it was off-colour, but I was not being serious.

-----------------
    Remember that "Seinfeld" episode where George said, "I drive them to lesbianism, and Kramer brings 'em back." That was the inspiration. *giggling like a freak,* Once people get to know me, they realise I am not to be taken seriously. This is an online community where most of us will never see each other in real life. Conversely, I would hate to think I pissed someone off when we can just as easily get along playfully here and enjoy each others' company and be close friends. And we might see each other at a convention. I plan on going to Comicon at Akron this November!

I figured the emoticons and facials would let everyone know I was not serious. I see it is not enough.

And is sexuality really that big of a deal? On my favourite show, "The Flash," the police captain has a fiancé, and both are guys, but nobody bats an eye, makes a crack, or points that out, and I think that that is how ALL people should act!

When I bring attention to my orientation, it is for silly purposes. I have no intention of "turning" anyone, nor do I believe it is possible. Either you are one way or another or another. I do not believe people can "be turned." Consequently, I gave up homosexuality for Church (no joke.)

I did not mean any ill will towards anyone. If somebody took it the wrong way, I apologise.

The men are handsome, and I can see why two of them would not waste their good looks on a chick like me. ~_^ That was a joke. LAUGH!!! XD

Anyway, thanks for posting the eye candy! And sorry again if someone got offended. You have a right to be offended if you so choose. So, APOLOGIES!

#17 Silver Soldier Charlotte, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. You will have to forgive my "social retardation" as one forensic psychiatrist called it in a competency report back in 2008 ... but I am not sure I fully understand.

18. Wow. It was a joke, dudes. It wasn't like Silver Soldier Charlotte was making a factual statement about what they were ACTUALLY capable of doing. She wasn't out on her soap box spewing nonsense about how she's going to turn all the frogs straight again.

How do you think these people would feel if you pin their faces to a sexual role-play that may very well place them outside of their sexual orientation? If we're going to be anal about considering people's identity, isn't that denying them of that identity? You're taking someone's image, and then using it in a way that they never consented to. How would you feel if someone took a photo of yourself that you posted in a public area, and then began to use it to depict a character having gratuitous sex with a gender that you would not otherwise have gratuitous sex with?

I think several of you have posted your face in the face thread. How would YOU feel if I decided that I was going to use ALL of your pictures in sexual role-plays (or even an ordinary sex free one), openly on the forums? You'd find it creepy and inappropriate, if I had to take a wild guess. Famous people and models have the same rights and feelings as the rest of us.

Remember, even if YOU would be fine with it, or SOME people would be fine with it, that doesn't mean that ALL people would be fine with it, therefore it's insensitive to just assume and do it anyway.

See how easy it is to play social politics? Where exactly do we draw the line? Are we not allowed to make simple jokes anymore? Should we not use people's very image for sexual role-playing without their direct consent? Are we no longer allowed to say anything if it might offend, bother, or upset some other person out there?

It was an entirely harmless joke with no ill will placed behind it. It was directed at people some of you might possibly use in a sexual way that will "invalidate" their sexuality anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Thank you so much for that. It seems I was too sensitive at getting my feelings hurt, because others were also too sensitive in their own perceptions.

You bring up some excellent points. If the two gay guys got their faces associated with an R.P.G. that was strictly heterosexual, they might get very incensed. Likewise, with the straight Asian men, being associated with homosexual R.P.G.'s. And how do we know these men want their sexuality to be trivialised anyway? I only trivialise mine, because it is MINE! I have that right. But I do not think I was trivialising others by the joke I made. If I was serious, that would be a No-No. And, truth be told, I can see that now.

And I think celebrities have intellectual Copyrights over their images.

Again, thank you.