1. Amor has finally locked the doors as per the very sad [Closing Announcement]. You should still be able to read threads and conversations (just in case you are late to getting things saved) up until AUGUST 1st. All subscriptions have also been cancelled so no one is donation billed for a dead site!

WORLDBUILDING SERVICE Map Maker at your service!!!

Discussion in 'Inspiration' started by AvenWolfsong, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Hello everyone, I know I'm still new to the site, but I am certainly not new to the game.

I am bored however, so I am offering my map making skills to those of you who build fantasy worlds and like to have a visual. No cost! I'm just needing to keep myself occupied. I can craft large scale/multi countries, or single more detailed country and townships. Different sorts of terrains are available, but it's more like an overhead view. I can provide samples of my previous works from my own stories via pm if anyone is interest. Just give me a shout and we'll start working. tell me a little bit of what your world is like where things are, if there are specific landmarks, things like that.

Let's have some fun!!!

• Rainbows Rainbows x 1
  2. Would it be possible to see some examples of your maps?? :o

3. Sure, just remember these are my own rp fantasy worlds, so they are kinda wild!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are a set of three for the same area: I'm particularly proud of this world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• I Love This I Love This x 2
  4. What does everybody think?

5. These are stunning! Very nicely done :D

6. Ohmygosh.Yesplease. I'm like... out of inspiration for maps. XDDD I'm totally gonna ask for some once I figure out what I want! @AvenWolfsong

• I Love This I Love This x 1
  7. I would love to work on something for you. Whenever you're ready just send me a PM with info like shape of country, landmarks, terrains. I'm super excited now!

• Butt Butt x 1
  8. ohey Inkarnate maps! This is one of my favourite map-makers.

• I Like This I Like This x 1
  9. It really is, isn’t it? Out of all of the programs I have used in my time making maps, it is the most intuitive, though it’s still lacking a lot of features. Hoping their next update/overhaul comes very soon. My campaigns need better options for symbols and such!

As for the thread, these are some decent examples! OP has a very good handle on terrain sculpting. Hope those who request maps from the OP enjoy their options! However, if they want to try out the program for themselves I advise them to check out Inkarnate's website and some videos or discussions on it!

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Some of the videos I've watched before had way more options than I do, but I couldn't figure out if they had a program with updates or not. I'm using the beta website, Still pretty fun. Word to the wise, don't use Internet Explorer, it'll never save.

11. Inkarnate has gone through a few builds, so they lost some symbols and such I used prior to the update last year. There's also that swanky license one could pay for, so I imagine there might be exclusive features and symbols through that. I'm a little strapped for cash otherwise I'd really really consider it.

12. Yeah, I'm pretty tempted, but then I'd want to charge people for commissions to make up for my cost of the license. And the free beta version still has some decent affects and I wouldn't have to charge anyone.