1. Sadly, Amor will be closing it's doors [click for announcement] come August 1st. Registration is now locked and members have the summer to save all of their valuable content and find new homes. Ç◇Ç We wish you good travels!
    Dismiss Notice

BULLETIN PSA: Bumping like a Pro!

Discussion in 'Proclamations' started by Divinatas, May 26, 2017.

1. Hello dweebs! :D This little PSA is tiny but useful.

BUMP RESPONSIBLY - DON'T BE THAT GUY REVS HIS TRUCK TO PASS EVERYONE BUT YOU'RE STILL HITTING THE SAME REDLIGHTS AND GETTING NOWHERE FAST.

Amor is still a very small community right now. Only 130 people log in everyday, with 380 are here weekly. We get about 5 new members a day. Most of these people will see your interest checks within 24 hours. Your interest check will not get buried under 50 other requests, so everyone else will be able to see it by the end of the week!

If you are bumping your thread too often, you're getting nowhere fast and spamming your own thread. When other see a ton of replies to your thread, they actually think you've got plenty of responses already and might skip over your thread!

Amor official etiquette is that you can reply bump a thread once every 24 hours - and that the bump must contain actual INFORMATION and not be a "spam bump".

Bumps saying "bump" "++" "^^^" "..." or similar do not add anything to your thread. They are useless for everyone! In fact, mods are instructed to delete spam bumps so your threads aren't full of trash.

We WANT you to be able to bump your threads we you need to - just do it like a pro.

Try things like:

"My roleplay slots are still open!"
    "I need partners in to dom+slave!"
    "Seeking people that want to try fantasy rps!"
    "I'm in the mood for hot butts, who needs a partner?"
    "I updated my request list with new plots!"

These informative bumps get your thread back to the top of the list AND let potential partners know what you're still looking for!

If you are a Vassal member, you get a cool BUMP BUTTON you can use!
    Hey, you droppin' cash to feed the owls, so you get a shiny. The bump button allows you to bump your thread to the top of the thread list without you have to post in it. You can even use this tool on your roleplay threads to save them from getting archived if you are your partner are slow as fuck. ;D

You may now return to your regularly scheduled hunting!

• Thank You x 6
    • Rainbows x 3
    • I Love This x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Creative x 1
  2. I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grindddddddddd~

3. ...Urge to rename bump button to something dirty rising...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Butt Butt x 2
    • I Love This I Love This x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1