1. Amor has finally locked the doors as per the very sad [Closing Announcement]. You should still be able to read threads and conversations (just in case you are late to getting things saved) up until AUGUST 1st. All subscriptions have also been cancelled so no one is donation billed for a dead site!

DISCUSSION Shows that made you take a minute

Discussion in 'Gabbing' started by jyncka, Jan 15, 2018.

1. What are some shows that you made you sit and take a minute to process what you just watched? Not necessarily "that was so weird and goofy I don't know what I just happened" but "that was way too relevant to what I'm going through, how do they know my life?!"

I think Rick and Morty has done this to me time and again. Some of the dialog is so spot on I found myself thinking about it days after. And anyone that's talked to me recently knows I've just caught up on Bojack Horseman which is made up of far-too-relevant-to-me moments.

How about everyone else?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NANA the anime. That show fucking wrecked me. All the feels, all the emotions. I really should go rewatch that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sometimes Fullmetal Aclehmist is a light-hearted adventure with fun shenanigans.
    Sometimes it makes you question morality and cry.
    One of my favorite shows either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. "Ed... ward..."

• AHAHAHA! AHAHAHA! x 2
    • I Feel For You I Feel For You x 1
  5. I HATE YOU.

6. I was just telling Insanity the other day that one year at Otakon someone cosplayed Mays Hughes with a halo and angel wings handing out pictures of his daughter.

What an awful person.

7. (Walking Dead Spoilers in my response, just a warning. Also, depressing response ahead)

[​IMG]

The Walking Dead at times. Like there's a scene shortly after Glenn and Abraham are beaten to death when you hear Negan's voice as they are carrying their bodies away. It reminded me of the time I lost my best friend; I remember thinking that I'd have him longer. Find a place to live that would be permanent, find a place that the both of us could retire and start to enjoy our lives. I remember vividly picturing a place, saving money up for it.

I had enough just around the time I had to say goodbye to him, and used that money I had to put him down. I saw this video shortly after it and felt my heart tear itself out. But I can't stop watching it.

8. MY HEART

• I Love This I Love This x 1
  9. I'm on board with Bojack, in particular the last couple episodes of the most recent season. I went into that show apprehensive, expecting another gross-out throwaway cartoon and ended it sitting in the dark at three a.m. trying to act like I wasn't crying over a cartoon horse-man.

Arrested Development is another one. Anyone who has seen both of these shows will have already caught the running theme, but Michael's entire experience through seasons 1-3 (not season 4, season 4 can eat my ass) struck a nerve with me, it's Python-esque in its approach but there's a kind of ouch with the whole dealing-with-narcissists thing.

Both of them are shows you really don't want to relate to but if you do, it's kind of both 'yikes' and a relief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think Scrubs is another one that does a great job ripping your heart out. And you can't always see the really sad episodes coming, so you get blindsided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aw, christ, don't even get me started on 'My Lunch' and 'My Screw Up'. It was made infinitely worse by the fact I work medical.